Latest market inferno takes place in ABA destroying goods worth over N35 million.
Late evening fire besieged a story building at 74 jubilee road Aba. The fire engulfed the building destroying goods worth over N35 million naira. The Fire allegedly started from a cold room and pure water factory store. it is believed that the refrigerators were not switched off and it might have led to the fire.
The news was reported by a NANS pressman who interviewed one of the victims of the inferno. Donatus Ezenwaka A Motorcycle merchant lamented his loss of Goods with a heavy heart.
“I came and it was as told me and there was a crowd around here.
“They said the fire began at the shop of a man who sells pure water in the building who has refrigerators in the building.
“According to what I was told, one of the tenants in the building on sighting the fire ran down and called the security guard who began to call other traders who own shops here.
“From the ground floor, the fire rose and entered my own warehouse on the first floor at the back.
“We don’t know how the fire started but we suspected that the fire which started in the shop where pure water is sold came from refrigerators that might not have been shut off probably because there was a power outage when we closed.
“And when the power returned, it possibly sparked a fire which caused the damage.”